General Terms and Conditions
Our general Terms and Conditions are an agreement between you and WEBA Electrical Contractors Limited.
Please contact us for further information.
Supply and Installation
Our standard home installation package is shown below and will cover most UK households. If a survey dictates additional work is required, WEBA Electrical Contractors Limited will provide a breakdown of the additional requirements and costs prior to installation. If, the engineer is on-site and additional requirements and costs are required, the engineer will provide a cost before commencing any work. For the best experience, if you think there’s any reason why we might not be able to complete your install on the day, please let us know.
Standard installation package:
- Fitting of an EV Charger onto a brick or plaster wall, or to another suitable permanent structure.
- Up to 10 metres of cable, run and neatly clipped to the wall between the electricity supply meter / distribution board and EV Charger.
- Routing of the cable through a drilled hole in a wall up to 500mm (20 inches) thick, if this is needed.
- The fitting and testing of electrical connections and protections required for the EV Charger.
- An additional three-way consumer unit, if required.
- Installation of a Type C MCB and a Type A RCD in an RCBO enclosure.
- Up to 3 metres (10 feet) of plastic conduit to conceal interior wiring, if required.
- An earth rod in soft ground, if required.
- We allocate two hours for standard installations. In some circumstances we may carry out your installation in either less or more than the allocated 2 hours. If we can’t complete on the day because of supply related problems or unexpected extra works, then we will reschedule an installation date once the additional works are complete or our quotation for the work has been accepted.
Some conditions and limitations that you need to know:
- The EV Charger must be in your designated off-street parking area and be fixed at a height where it can’t be hit by a vehicle (minimum of 750mm).
- We cannot, as part of the standard package, trench the cable underground or suspend it above ground – if this is required, please make us aware via your survey, then we can give you a quote in advance. If we find out on the day that we must cross a garden or a pathway we may need to pause the job and quote for the extra work needed to trench the cable.
- When you are using your charger the EV charging lead must remain on your property and must not create a trip hazard for you or anyone else.
- We cannot, as part of the standard package, run cable under floorboards or through ducting / ceiling voids / wall voids without a draw cord (to pull the cable through), or if the floorboards have not been lifted. If we find out on the day that this is required, we may need to pause the job and quote for the extra work required. We will not take responsibility for reinstating flooring or other building materials after the cable has been laid.
- Our engineers may not be able to complete an installation if they are required to crawl in spaces, work on roofs or in lofts if it is deemed unsafe by them. If this is unavoidable, an additional cost will be required.
- Our engineers are not able to work in extreme weather (i.e., flooding, or intense rain). If it is not safe to carry on, our expert will do as much as they can, and we will return later.
- As part of our standard package, we cannot fix the cable higher than 1.8 metres (6 feet) above the ground. If fixing higher than this is unavoidable, then an additional cost will be required.
- On the day of the installation, a responsible adult of the age of 18 years or over needs to be present on site for the entire duration of the install.
- We can only complete the job if the electrical capacity (i.e., main fuse) can support the additional electrical demands of the EV Charger. If the capacity is not sufficient, we might be able to down rate the EV Charger or we may have to pause the job until your main fuse is upgraded by your electricity supplier.
Electric vehicle charge points will be installed in accordance with the above and BS 2919-609 (Understand and apply selection, installation, and commissioning of electric vehicle).
We follow BS7671 2008/2015 Amendment 3 Standard Regulations and NICEIC guidelines on Electric Vehicle installations. If we can’t install in line with these rules, then your installation will be paused, and we will quote for the work needed to meet the required standards.
If the existing electrical arrangements at the property are not in line with these rules or there is something else that makes it unsafe for us to install, then we will quote for the work needed to meet the required standards.
All electrical installation work will comply with applicable Building Regulations.
All site survey and Installation dates will be confirmed between the client and WEBA Electrical Contractors Limited, with the engineer making their best endeavour to be on site at the agreed time. In some circumstances, our engineer may arrive before or after the agreed time, however they will make contact at least 15 minutes prior to arrival.
Limitations of liability
- In no event will WEBA accept any liability for any loss, costs, or consequential damage due to the use and/or misuse of the hardware or software products except where this is caused by our negligence.
- In no event will WEBA accept any liability for any loss, costs, or consequential damage due to the aborted installation of a home ChargePoint where it is not safe or practical to install.
- This includes, but isn’t limited to, issues related to land ownership or power which can’t be assessed prior to install. In these circumstances we will provide a full refund of all money paid to WEBA Electrical Contractors Limited, in respect of the planned installation, unless the customer withheld any key information from us.
- Our liability for any other losses won’t exceed the amount we charge you for your install, except for our liability for personal injury or death caused by our negligence and anything else where our liability can’t be limited by law.
- The customer is liable for any costs incurred due to the supply of false, inaccurate or incomplete information to WEBA Electrical Contractors Limited.
- Damage or modification to electrical installations by third parties shall remain the responsibility of the customer / client.
Pricing / Payment
Quotations are valid for 14 days upon receipt of offer
For all EV home charge installations, payment is required prior to the installation date.
For all EV home charge installations, a 24 hours’ notice period must be provided for cancellations.
In the event of cancellation, WEBA Electrical Contractors will endeavour to reschedule your installation within 4 weeks.
WEBA Electrical contractors, will install and commission the EV Charger to the manufacturer’s recommendations and regulatory standards.
Any defects must be reported directly to WEBA Electrical contractors.
Any personal information you provide to us via the Website is strictly confidential and aligned with the data protection act 2018